Combination chemotherapy with gemcitabine and vinorelbine in the treatment of relapsed or refractory diffuse large B-cell lymphoma: A phase-II trial by the Hellenic Cooperative Oncology Group
Dimopoulos, M. A.
SourceEuropean journal of haematology
Google Scholar check
MetadataShow full item record
To investigate the efficacy and toxicity of the combination of gemcitabine and vinorelbine in patients with relapsed or refractory diffuse large B-cell lymphoma (DLBL), 22 patients with relapsed or refractory DLBL were treated with gemcitabine 1000 mg/m2 and vinorelbine 30 mg/m2 on days 1 and 8 every 3 wk for a maximum of six cycles. Fourteen patients were considered chemosensitive while eight patients were considered chemoresistant to the last treatment regimen. All 22 patients were assessed for response to treatment. Three patients (14%) achieved complete remission and eight patients (36%) had partial remission of their disease, with an overall response rate of 50%. With a median follow up of 44 months, the median time to progression (TTP) for all patients was 8.1 months while the median overall survival (OS) was 12.9 months. Toxicity was minimal and all patients were treated on an outpatient basis. The combination of gemcitabine and vinorelbine is an effective and well-tolerated regimen for patients with relapsed of refractory DLBL. © Blackwell Munksgaard 2005.
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.
«Juvenile» oncology - A missing subspecialty. The experience of a reference cancer centre Pentheroudakis, George; Mauri, D.; Kostadima, Lida; Golfinopoulos, Vassilis; Alexiou, G.; Karakatsanis, A.; Pavlidis, Nicholas (2006)Introduction: Despite unique tumor epidemiology and a higher cancer incidence compared to pediatric patients, adolescents and young adults have not been receiving specialized, multidisciplinary, centralized care. In an ...
Cancer of unknown primary site Pavlidis, Nicholas; Pentheroudakis, George (2012)Cancer of unknown primary site (CUP) is a well recognised clinical disorder, accounting for 3-5 of all malignant epithelial tumours. CUP is clinically characterised as an aggressive disease with early dissemination. ...
Cancer, pregnancy and fertility: ESMO Clinical Practice Guidelines for diagnosis, treatment and follow-up Peccatori, Fedro A.; Azim, Hatem A.; Orecchia, R.; Hoekstra, H. J.; Pavlidis, Nicholas; Kesic, V.; Pentheroudakis, George (2013)